Monday, November 5, 2012

Rant Post: Spending the day inside a refrigirator

Sooooo just quickly wanted to share, yesterday ended up being a great and productive day. Went grocery shopping, did some food prep for the week, went to my favorite place in the world (Marshalls). Me heading out:




Ultimately I got some studying done for my Corporate Finance exam this Tuesday:



Today was my first day back at work after a week off due to the aftermath of Sandy. And so, I got ready for work not knowing what would be waiting for me.



More on that in a second. I ran out of my Ezequiel raisin bread which I usually have for breakfast (with almond butter). So I quickly made "overnight oats" this morning. As soon as I woke up I mixed together Greek yogurt, raisins, granola, quick oats and Cinnamon. I then placed the container in the freezer while I got ready for work. It was so cold today that by the time I got to work the oats were still cold (and Delicious):




My job was pretty cool in letting us take our time this morning and allowing us to come in at 12pm. My commute was not too bad. Trains were just going local but surprisingly the commute was smoother than before the hurricane believe it or not, less people in the streets I suppose. Anyways, I grabbed my usual morning coffee and was warned by my coffee guy that my office had no heat. I didn't think anything of it and blew it off as maybe he was confusing my office with another building in the area. I went in to my office building and as I entered the office I noticed everyone was wearing a jacket, scarf, the works!! I'm talking managers, employees, the mail people. Everyone! I felt that was kind of strange as I didn't feel cold walking in but as soon as I sat down reality hit like a ton of bricks. And there I was sitting in a cubicle that resembled a refrigerator; freezing to death! Not to mention it took about 3 hours for my computer to work. I wanted to turn in my resignation there and then. I seriously hate the cold!!! COLD + NO INTERNET = frustration.

We proceeded to get a number of emails during the day from the executive office apologizing for the cold weather and "allowing" us to dress down for the week and wear multiple layers of clothing. They also mentioned will be serving "refreshments" which i suppose will be hot coffee and tea?! Oh! almost forgot to mention no phone service either at the office (thanks Verizon).

Anyways, as soon as 5pm hit I flew out of there like a bat out of hell. Today was definitely the coldest day of the year thus far. It was freezing!!! To make matters worse I also had class after work. I got home hungry, cold and cranky and proceeded to turn on every single heaters in my apartment. I never felt so thankful for heat in my entire life!! THANK YOU GOD FOR A WARM HOME!!!  As soon as I got home I proceeded to heat up my prepped dinner. Love having healthy food available and ready right when I needed:
Chicken, brown rice, steamed broccoli.

Despite being pretty satisfied with dinner my sweet tooth made an appearance so I had a Luna bar + tea + 2 other small pieces of chocolate (which are not pictured):

That Luna bar tasted like a real brownie!


Pre-dinner my mom called and I was kinda rude and kinda quickly ended the conversation. I need to call her back and apologize. Hope she didn't take it personal.



Sorry for my rant. Today was a long and very cold day. Praying for better days ahead. Better yet, praying for a good grade on tomorrow's exam. I am exhausted and need to go to bed before I eat all the sweets in my apartment.

How was your Monday? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)