The title of this post perfectly summarizes what I want to talk about right this second. Looking to make this short and sweet.
First things first...
Five things I feel Fortunate for this week:
1. Finding the "classical" station on Pandora, which I find amazing to listen to during meals-- helps me wind down and really enjoy my food.
2. This post from The Candid RD on National Nutrition Month-- Loved. It.
3. My finance team member whom appears to be super proficient in excel and knew how to figure out our first homework. I have to admit I initially had no clue what I was doing! If it wasn't for him I don't know what I would have done. I tried to figure everything out myself and it took me nearly 6 hours! Ugh! Thats where my Sunday went last week.
4. Motivational fitness photos on Instagram and Pinterest which give me the boost I need to get moving and not give up on my healthy lifestyle when all I want to do is crash on my couch and eat. I have a fairly new fitness account: FitgalNYC and a fairly older personal account: LoveMyBlessedLife (both on Instagram). Feel free to follow! I will be more than happy to follow you back as well. (oh, by the way, if I haven't mentioned it I am also on twitter: @dolcemabelle).
If this is not motivating and inspiring I don't know what is:
5. Realizing new things about myself and my eating habits--- one of them being that sometimes I overeat and try to find "refugee" in food when I am trying to avoid certain things in life that I incorrectly feel are out of my control (
This is the book I've been reading which is putting a lot of things in to perspective (almost done, will give a review of it when I am finished):
Workouts for the week:
**Note: Some of the awesome blogs I follow summarize workouts for the week and is SUPER motivating. I want to start doing that myself! So, you may be getting a weekly wrap up of my work outs. We'll see how this goes! Taking this one week @ the time!
Saturday: 2.29 mile run
Monday: 2 mile run/walk
Tuesday: 4.36 mile walk/run
Wednesday: 2.5 mile walk
Thursday: 4 mile speed walk
Friday: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 WEEK 3, DAY 1!!! (super tough but love love loving it!)
*nada= no workout ):
1/2 Marathon Debate:
Sooooo I kinda sorta' wanna sign up for this More-Fitness Magazine Half. The race is on 04/14/13 so, about 6 weeks away more or less?
The debate arises because of the following:
1. Ive never ran a 1half before in my life! (the most Ive ran is a 10K)
2. I haven't been running consistently lately. Meaning I should probably be running right this second if I wanna train for this.
3. One of my friends is having a birthday that weekend and Im supposed to be there (cant party the night away and then go run a half, right?)
The "positive" side:
1. I love fitness magazine and i've subscribed for years!!! It would be cool to run one of their races. I remember going to their pre-race expo once (back when I thought running was only for hard core athletes) and remember thinking to myself how I wish I could be a runner too. Well, this could be my chance!
2. I can get a cool medal to add to my collection!
3. I can run it with my sister and hopefully her friends too-- always so much fun!
4. This can help me get in to a habit of running more consistently.
Thanks for reading!
- Any thoughts on whether or not I should run this half? if yes, where can I find a good 6 week training plan? :)
- what was the highlight(s) of YOUR week?