Friday, March 28, 2014

Fortunate Fridays (Last Friday of March 2014 Edition)

Hey everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. Back on the blog to say hello and to bring back one of my favorite features which I stopped doing some time ago, most likely due to time constraints: Fortunate Fridays! I have been reading and listening to a lot resources on happiness lately. To be quite honest, I was looking to learn more about the subject and cheer myself on regarding some less-than-happy moments during the past week.

As much as we sometimes feel alone with what happens to us in this world the absolute truth is that we ALL go through difficult times. The times make get so difficult that we wonder how the heck we will keep on going. Well, guess what, just we all go through pain we all go through happiness and I am a firm believer that happy moments last much longer than any less-than-happy ones (thank god for that!). So, is just a matter of staying strong through the storm. A BEAUTIFUL rainbow awaits on the other side. Trust that. Just hold on to your faith (whichever form that may come in) and stay strong.

One common theme in all of this happiness research focuses on the idea of being grateful and thankful. One specific Ted Talk, based on studies, actually indicated that gratitude brings happiness and not necessarily the other way around. I can totally see that and I have to agree! So, without further 'ado, here are some of the top things which I can be feel fortunate/grateful for this pass week:

1. God & Faith 
2. Friendships
3. The FACT that we can all choose how we feel and although it may be tough at first (and comes with practice) eventually we realize that:
"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it".
4. Online resources on absolutely anything we may need at any given moment
5. Motivating and oh-so-uplifting sermons by TD Jakes & Joel Osteen
6. Being happy now + looking forward to a [maybe] uncertain but certainly AMAZING future.
7. Having my mom in my life and the way shes always there no matter what. Now that I am older, she's becoming a friend much more than just a mother.
8. Remaining optimistic against all odds

...And for some reason [ironically enough] I feel I can go on and on but I will stop right there :)


Tell me, what are you feeling fortunate for this week?

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I can feel the positive vibes flowing all through this post. hehe.
    Earlier today I was thinking to myself about all the things I'm grateful for. And Jesus is the reason! Life is good, no matter what. Makes me feel all warm & cuddly inside. squeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you got positive vibes from the post :) that was definitely one of my goals!! Being spiritual and having a higher power whom we can count on when things are not so great and rejoice with when things are phenomenal is definitely an amazing feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)